Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few weeks you may have noticed one or two things doing the rounds on social media…
- Apparently it’s officially the time to be screeching from the rooftops about Christmas.
- Thanks to Holly Tucker (formerly of Not on The High Street and now of Holly and Co) and illustrator Rebecca Strickson we are all being reminded, all over social media, that if we need to shower our loved ones with ‘things’ every year, the most conscientious way of doing so is by supporting independent people who are striving to create honest small businesses with passion and purpose.
As you all know, more than 70% of my working week is spent supporting my fabulous group of mothers who run their own businesses and are members of the Cheltenham MumBoss Club and in the run up to this christmas I’m excited to share with you my christmas gift edits packed full of MumBoss services and products that I think would make great christmas gifts.
First up…. things to buy your best friend…….
So if you’re a mum then there’s a good chance your best friend might be a mum too. Most of us love nothing more than a bit of self care but what’s the biggest problem with having a wonderful massage? You get all relaxed and wind down and then on come the lights, you get dressed and boom you’re back into the busyness of every day life. Not so with MumBoss Natasha of The Holistic Hideout.
Natasha is 100% mobile so brings the whole spa experience to you, treats you from head to toe and then leaves you snuggled up on the sofa with explicit instructions to relax and continue to enjoy the feeling of space and time. Natasha’s full range of services are available on her website but I’d recommend a one hour signature Hideout massage which at £40 (including travel within 12 miles of Cheltenham/Gloucester) is a total steal (I keep telling her to put her prices up – maybe one day she’ll listen to me so make sure you book up now before she does!) I’ve had this treatment and it was a total delight. Of course you can also purchase gift vouchers too.
2. If you’re not looking to spend a lot then head over to Mama Life London, run by MumBoss Beth.
This winning combination of a sparkly Mama Life tote bag and mug with the perfect message of solidarity ‘Life is tough my darling but so are you’ to send to a best friend is just £9.50. And in case you missed it Beth was on the podcast a couple of week’s ago so you can get to know the story behind the brand here.
3. Looking for something subtle, unique and jam packed with thought and love? Why not pick out a piece of stunning jewellery hand crafted by MumBoss Amy at ALB Jewellery. Amy works primarily with silver from her Cirencester studio and uses a range of hammers to planish, mark make, form and develop into conceptual pieces. This piece is £68 but she has items to suit most budgets on her Etsy store or you can message her directly through Instagram to order.
4. What best friend doesn’t love a unique accessory? Cheltenham based MumBoss Harriet Sanders is a genius when it comes to the design of bags and accessories and each piece is lovingly hand crafted in her studio. She’s an animal print genius and you can choose from some incredible combinations of printed leather and coloured linings. I’ve picked out these purses as my favourite option for a friend you just can’t live without (£39.). The pressure is on for this one though as Harriet’s order books close for Christmas TOMORROW!
5. For the girl who loves skincare and is always searching for the next great product why not introduce her to MumBoss Jenni of Willowberry skincare? These products are natural and organic and have been designed and created from scratch by Jenni who has had an extensive career in the beauty industry and could pinpoint exactly what the industry was missing. She’s now filled that gap and you can either buy her three signature products in a gorgeous gift box for £29.95 or if you’re on a budget these gorgeous stocking fillers are just £11.00.
So there you have it! Five ideas for five best friends that will support five local women who are working hard to create ethical brands with purpose and passion and make work work around their families.
In the coming weeks you can expect further edits covering what to buy a treasured grandparent, the man in your life and yourself! Hope you find these useful.